So of course it’s me again….and it’s sad to say that it’s been quite a while since I last posted anything on my blog. But in my defense a lot has been happening!
First off, I successfully completed my Junior year of college. One more year and then it’s on to graduate school (such a scary thought!). I have also started and am half way through my summer internship which is at the Domestic Violence Shelter. I’ve been shadowing the child advocate and learning how to assist the children as they go through the difficult transitions in their lives. It’s been very interesting and I’ve been learning a lot.
But as we all know, this past weekend was Fourth of July weekend. A weekend that is supposed to be full of outdoor fun, parties, barbecue, fireworks, and people. Well, this weekend I found out that the saying “you’re an old soul” actually applies to me. Here is my proof…
1. All I wanted to do this weekend was stay indoors, cuddle up on the couch and read
2. My parents wanted to go out and watch the fireworks in town…I seriously contemplated telling them I didn’t want to go so that I could fulfill #1
3. Once we arrived at said fireworks place, there were two kids (one 16 year-old and a 5 year-old) who were being so disrespectful to their grandma that I wanted to literally go up to them and slap them silly (not that I would actually do something like that)
4. Fireworks scare the crap out of me. I probably jumped 20 times throughout this weekend when I was surprised by unexpected fireworks
5. I don’t like how loud fireworks are.
So over all, I learned that I am either “an old soul” or just really lazy….I’ll let you decide.
On a totally different note. As some of you know I’ve been slowly but surely working on a novel and while I have completed my character development, setting, and tentative plot outline…. I am now completely stuck. It’s a weird feeling sitting in front of a blank piece of paper (whether it be on my computer or a legit piece of lined paper) feeling lost about how I really want to start my story. Now I know that nothing is set in stone and regardless what I write in the first draft more than likely it will change, but it is a weird and frightening feeling. It’s intimidating yet exciting at the same time. I have so many ideas I want to get down….the execution of it is just a little sketchy to me. So what am I going to do? Consult the experts! I’m planning on emailing two authors I know to get some writing advise from them. I’m hoping something that they say(email) will inspire me to take the plunge and just start writing. Starting something new is always a little strange at first but when you talk it out with someone and get advise sometimes things become a little easier. We shall see what happens in the coming week. Hopefully I will begin to first draft of my first ever novel this week.
There is a lot of new things happening in my life and I just have to say I am really excited to see where the road takes me! I’ll blog again soon!